Saturday, July 24, 2010

This is Bolivia:

Today, to get to the internet, I had to take a taxi trufi (another word for ¨public transportation¨)... And I sat next to a sweet, little, old Quechuan woman. When I sat down, I noticed that she had a big sack on her left side... And for some ungodly reason she decided to move it to her right side (the side I happened to be sitting on).
When she did, I realized that it was really warm... And moving... And making noise... OH MY GOODNESS!!!! What do you do when you have a big sack of warmness on your feet? And when you realize that that big sack has a bunch of tiny feet in it? And those tiny feet belong to guinea pigs that this sweet, little, old Quechuan woman is about to sell to be EATEN in the market?
Let me tell you what I did: Had a panic attack. And almost jumped out of the window. It was good times...
This is Bolivia.
Next week at this time I will be in the States. That´s crazy to think about. God has taught me so much during this time. Thanks for reading! My next blog will be in the States! See you soon!

2 comments:

  1. that just made my day. i can picture that happening in Little India here, which makes my day even more. Can't wait to hear more about this trip in person! Blessings and safe travel to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret! I'm so excited for you to be back in the States! We all need a storytime soon.

    ReplyDelete